Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Reset & Restore, Day 2

It's day two! And I'm feeling great! For three weeks, I'm following Lacy Davis and Jessica Wilkins' Reset & Restore program of healthy eating, workout videos, meditation, and more. I'm following the "basic meal plan" this week, which means smoothies/oats, salads, and bowls.

I had to go back to work after a long holiday break today. So I woke up at 5 a.m., grabbed an almond date roll (I buy the ones from Natural Delights), and did the first Reset & Restore workout video. Lacy is emailing out videos a couple times a week. This one was about 30 minutes and featured coach Jessica leading two circuit sessions (one with body weight and one with cardio). Excellent workout! After the video, I set out for a quick 4-mile training run (again in the rain -- why won't it stop raining here??).


After my workouts, I had this bowl of Funky Monkey Oats, which I soaked overnight. Rolled oats, chocolate protein powder, almond-cashew milk, PB2, banana, and cacao nibs. Peanut butter and chocolate are my fave flavors, so naturally, I loved this bowl.


The snack on the meal plan for today was Leftover Sauteed Tofu, which I made last night for my Thai Bowl. I had this at my desk around 11 a.m. Eaten cold, straight out of the Tupperware. Eating leftovers for snacks is a new thing for me, and I like it. I typically just grab nuts or crackers or something.


Lunch involved more of that tofu! Today's salad was spinach, sauteed tofu, shredded cabbage & carrots, and peanut sauce. I made the peanut sauce last night for that Thai Bowl too. Super good.


I'm used to having a sweet snack and afternoon tea daily. Usually, I reach for chocolate or cookies or something like that. Lacy emailed out a list of healthy snack ideas that was arranged by sweet/crunchy/salty/creamy. I glanced through the sweet section and saw "fresh, whole fruit." And while that may sound obvious, honestly, I rarely think about or eat fruit unless it's in a smoothie or mixed into oats or cereal. It just so happens that I had some strawberries in the fridge though (bought at a gas station on my road trip to Nashville). I enjoyed a few with a cup of Tazo English Breakfast Tea — totally fixed my sweets craving!


Dinner was a Macrobiotic Bowl! Brown rice, steamed kale and chickpeas, sauerkraut, tahini, and sesame seeds.


YUM! Y'all, I LOVE a good bowl, especially when it's got all the elements — whole grain, nut butter sauce, greens, beans, and something pickled. This was perfect in every way and left me feeling AHHHH-mazing.

Another important part of this reset is making daily affirmations/gratitude lists/intentions. I'm listing several each day, but a big intention for the day for me was "I intend to read tonight for at least 15 minutes." Reading more is one of my resolutions every year. I love to read, but I rarely make the time so one book can take me months to finish. So I'm off now to go do that. Finishing up the new Harry Potter book tonight!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

The macrobiotic bowl looks delicious! I never think to add sauerkraut to my bowls! And those strawberries look so red and juicy for winter strawberries!

Sarah said...

This program looks really great and certainly really doable! You are eating really hearty, delicious meals, I am sure you are left satisfied and feeling great. I agree with vegan peace, the strawberries look great for this time of year! A perfect sweet snack for an afternoon pick me up! The macro bowl looks really delicious too.