Thursday, August 14, 2014

Vegan Beignets! And BFFs!

Quick post tonight. I just got home from Jonesboro, Arkansas, where my parents live and where I grew up. And I must get in bed ASAP so I can wake up at 5 a.m. to run six miles! But before I do, I need to share this.


Vegan Beignets!!! My mom made these tonight upon my request. She uses the Meet the Shannons recipe, and she's made them several times before for she and my dad. But for some reason, she'd never made them when I was visiting. Instead, they would eat vegan beignets without me and pretend they were at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans. Without me! The nerve, right?


Anyway, she finally made vegan beignets when I was home, and they were delicious! Look at that pile of fried sugary topped dough. I enjoyed about five of these with a nice cup of black coffee.

But the real reason I was home wasn't for vegan doughnuts. My third grade BFF Amy was in town visiting her family. Amy has moved all over the country since marrying Allen (whom we also went to school with) because he's in the military. So I haven't seen her in about 15 years! Here we are at her parents' house, where I stopped by to say hi.


We had a quick visit, but it was nice seeing her again! And I got to meet her oldest daughter Allynah, whom I've been Facebook friends with for several years. She reminds me of a younger version of myself! She likes to dye her hair and wants piercings, and she just got back from Warped Tour. Here they are at my parents' house, where they stopped by to say hi!


9 comments:

Adriana Robles said...

They look so delicious! I'd love to try some of them, lucky you!
And it's always nice to meet up with old friends again. She and her daughter look almost identical. :D

vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

Erika said...

I totally thought that girl was her little sister until I read it's her daughter!

Vegan beignets, yummmm. I still haven't ever had a beignet. It's on my vegan bucket list!

Lizzie said...

Oh, man, I totally forgot they had a beignet recipe in there! Definitely got to make some this weekend. mmmmmm

Lizzie said...

Oh, man, I totally forgot they had a beignet recipe in there! Definitely got to make some this weekend. mmmmmm

Lizzie said...

Oh, man, I totally forgot they had a beignet recipe in there! Definitely got to make some this weekend. mmmmmm

Lizzie said...

Um...so I totally don't know what's up with my comment showing up three times...I guess I'm just that excited about vegan beignets!

JL Fields said...

I love beignets!

Cheryl said...

Noooooooo! I'm in so much pain right now, already hungry, and now THESE?! Gah, they look incredible.

jared said...

Beignets!!!