Monday, March 14, 2022

Vegan Eats at Native Brew Works

On Saturday, my mom and I met in Jonesboro, Arkansas, for a funeral, which was a sad reason to have to meet up. But since we both live an hour away from our hometown now (my parents moved to a small lake town in Northern Arkansas, and I'm in Memphis), we took the occasion to also visit my Me-maw. And we got an early dinner at Native Brew Works — Jonesboro's new brewpub.

Jonesboro is in a dry county, so the fact that they have a brewery is pretty amazing. But in recent years, they've allowed a lot of exceptions to the dry county rule (thankfully!!!), and the brewery opened last year. Even more amazing is that Native Brew Works offers vegan options!

The Roasted Sweet Potato Tacos with slaw and avocado crema are vegan, and they were SO GOOD. You can choose between corn or flour tortillas, so I ordered one of each. 

I also ordered a side of Black Beans, which were seasoned to perfection and topped with tomato and onion. Best black beans I've had in a while!

And we split an order of Chips & Salsa. All of the food I tried was amazing, but I think the chips and salsa was our fave. The chips were seasoned with some kind of all-purpose seasoning salt, and they were super-thin and crisp, and the salsa was garlicky and so fresh.

As for beers, we both had to drive an hour home, so we opted for lower gravity beers in the 5% range (and only one each!). I had the Give Em Helles, which was a very tasty helles beer. I'm going through a helles phase right now, and I can't get enough of this light German style. My mom got the Neon Moon Lime Wheat, which was light and fresh (perfect for patio drinking!).

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow, a brewery that offers vegan options? I'd say things have improved drastically in Jonesboro! Everything looks delicious. I love beer but just haven't been drinking much lately- i'm getting geared up to have a delicious IPA on St Patrick's Day!