Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Some Whole Foods I've Been Eating

I'm in a pretty good place right now with my balance of whole foods and indulgent meals. I go through times when I'm a little too heavy on the junk food, but here lately, I've been following a mostly 80% whole and 20% indulgent formula. Here are a few of the whole food meals I've enjoyed. 

I made this awesome Avocado Kale Salad for lunch one day this week. The kale was massaged with avocado and lemon juice, and I added some bacon-y air-fried chickpeas, bell pepper, carrots, raisins, hemp seeds, and nooch. On the side, I had some Raw Turmeric Flax Crackers that I picked up from the Raw Girls downtown location on Monday.

Speaking of Monday, here's my weekly Raw Girls lunch! I go into the office on Mondays, so I've made it a tradition to stop into Raw Girls on the way to work to grab something for lunch. This week, I had their Baked Falafel and Quinoa Bowl with romaine, marinated beets, homemade pickles, olives, and tahini. This may be my fave Raw Girls dish to date.

Not something I made, but look!!! There's a new Larabar flavor!!! I go through about fifty 'leven Larabars a month. Ha! So this was a big deal.

And finally, here's some Sloppy Vegan Chili I made last night from The Plant-Based Athlete. The recipe came from vegan bikini athlete Natalie Matthews, and it's basically a mash-up of chili and sloppy Joe mix with black beans and TVP. Man, I always forget about how awesome plain ole TVP is, but it's just perfect in chili. I had some frozen corn muffins that I thawed out and plopped on top, plus a green salad because I'm trying to eat salad every day.

1 comment:

Jennifer Bliss said...

Doing a little catch up on blog commenting! It's been a crazy week and a half. I have LOTS of things new on my blog, too! I was recently able to travel to Buffalo (about 2 hours one way) and I found a lot of convenience foods that were new to me so I just HAD to buy and try them. I have also been coming up with some pretty crazy food combos when making things from scratch, too. AND...today I hope to get a post up about this month's Vegan Dinner Club! Woot!