Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Spanish Tapas, Quinoa, & Bitchin' Snacks

Yesterday, I posted about last Saturday's Big Buffalo 50 relay race. I was on a 50K relay team and ran a 6.2-mile loop, along with four others (completing a total of 31-ish miles). My friends Peter and Laura provided the snacks for our booth, and they made salted, boiled potatoes. I snacked on plenty of those during the event, but we had leftovers, and they were going to toss them. But I said, "No! Give those to me!" You can do so much with a salted potato!

The next day, I used those salted potatoes to make Potatoes Bravas, the Spanish tapas dish with smoky tomato sauce. I wish I could share the recipe, but I can't remember where I found it. Somewhere on the Google. On the side, I made Espinacas con Garbanzos, another Spanish dish of smoky chickpeas and spinach. All that smokiness came from smoked paprika, by the way. This weekend was also National Make Up a Holiday Weekend (or something like that, according to my calendar), so I declared March 27 to be National Boiled Potato Day!

In non-potato news, I had this Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl from Raw Girls for lunch on Monday. I stopped by there, as usual, on my way to work Monday and selected this bowl because it looked good and filling. And it was! Lots of tomatoes, kalamata olives, and parsley.

On my last trip to Sprouts, I spied this cute little Bitchin' Sauce snack pack! It had a cup of the Bitchin' almond dip with tiny tortilla chips. I love that sauce, but it's a little spendy so I never buy it. But the snack packs were only $2. 

3 comments:

Jennifer Bliss said...

Bitchin' Snacks!? I've had the sauces but not the snacks! I'm intrigued!

Susan said...

I like your style, saving those potatoes!

Cadry's Kitchen said...

I've never seen those snack packs before! They'd be great for a road-trip. I'm glad you saved the potatoes. So many good ways to use them!