Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Post-Little Rock Half-Marathon Tacos & Ice Cream!

On Sunday, I ran a PR at the Little Rock Half-Marathon, shaving four minutes off my last best time (set in that same race in 2018). You can read more about that race in last night's race recap. This post is dedicated to the delicious tacos that I had afterward.

My best friend Sheridan and her partner Drew live in Little Rock, and Sheridan picked me up from the race around 11 am. I went back to her place for a shower, and then we headed to Camp Taco at Lost Forty for lunch. This vegan-friendly eatery is from the same folks who run Lost Forty Brewing (but it's not located inside the brewery). And the whole concept is adorable — wood paneling, retro decor, lots of stained glass lamps, and your server is your "counselor." It's like 1980s summer camp!

Here's Sheridan and I. I picked up that cool tee at the race expo the day before.

And here's Sheridan and Drew.

We started the meal with a round of beers. I had to drive back to Memphis later that day, so I went with a low-alcohol Bottom Bunk Stout (4.2% ABV). This was the lightest stout I've ever had, and it was delicious.

For starters, we ordered the Strange Trip Cheez(ish) Dip, which was the best vegan queso I've ever had! WOW! It was cashew-based, but there was a lot more going on here, and I'm not sure what else was in it. But I can't stop thinking about it.

For my entree, I got the Shrooms and Sauce Birria Tacos, which were more like little quesadillas. They had shrooms and more of that tasty cheeze dip, plus a chili-lime dipping sauce. You get two sides, so I went with Frijoles Mixtos (mixed white, red, and black beans with green lentils) and the Rice Medley. These tacos were so good!! And filling!

When they bring your check, it comes in an old 80s kids' book! Mine came in this copy of the The Babysitters Club Karen's Kittens, which I'm sure I actually read as a kid.

After dinner, we were stuffed. But Sheridan suggested we get ice cream at Loblolly Creamery, so we did! They have several vegan flavors, and I went with the PB Crunch Chip in a vegan waffle cone. Such a perfect day!

2 comments:

Susan said...

A delicious lunch with amazing people!

Jenny said...

I'm a little behind here, but congratulations on your PR! That restaurant looks so fun, and the food sounds amazing. I also love your shirt :)