Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Vegan Macarons! Donuts! Cheeze Snax!

A few weeks ago, I was picking up my usual Saturday morning sourdough and treats from the all-vegan LuLu's booth at the Cooper-Young Farmer's Market, when I noticed a sign for vegan macarons at another booth. WHAT?! I'd actually never had a macaron because I went vegan before I knew what they were. The booth was run by The Sift Bakery, and she sells both non-vegan and vegan macarons. I had to try one! I got a French Vanilla Macaron, and it was perfection. Light and crisp with a creamy vanilla center. I've not been able to get to the market for a few weeks due to being out of town or having to start my long runs super-early, but I hope to get back there this week and try another flavor (or three!).

Darling Donuts, my friend Lily's vegan donut company, sells donuts at French Truck Coffee in Crosstown Concourse, where my office is, every Monday! I just learned this, and I'm in trouble. Now I want donuts every Monday! Here is a recent Blueberry Fritter and coffee on a Monday morning.

Curb Market in Crosstown Concourse has started carrying Vevan vegan cheese products, and they sent me home with some samples to try. I loved this little cheese, nut, and fruit snack pack!


It had little bits of lemon poppyseed mozzarella, roasted cashews, and dried blueberries! I always see those meat and cheese protein snack packs and get a little jealous that we don't have vegan ones. And now we do!

3 comments:

Sri said...

Wow like you I had never tried a macaroon before I went vegan either. This sounds so yummy I need to rectify that.

Susan said...

Randomly, vegan macarons went through a stage here. They weren't exactly super common, but it was not unsurprising to see them. And they are still around. Though I am not a super huge fan myself, but I do love seeing the fun flavour combinations they can come up with.

Dawn said...

Thanks for the tip about the macarons! Have been wanting to try one for a long time. Gonna have to get to the farmers market this weekend!