Monday, August 9, 2021

Minestrone, Omelets, and Donuts!

Last night, I made figure skater Meagan Duhamel's Minestrone from The Plant-Based Athlete. Minestrone is Paul's favorite soup, and he's been doing pretty good on his vegan eating. So I'm trying to keep that up by making things I know he likes. This has lots of veggies and whole wheat pasta (my version), and I made a batch for Paul with white pasta because baby steps. I did make him try the whole wheat pasta, and he admitted it was just as good. So next time, I'm making him eat the whole wheat. I made a Vegan Grilled Cheese with tomato from my garden on the side (Paul just had a slice of bread because he doesn't like vegan cheese. Again, baby steps).

I went to parents' house this weekend (more on that in a post later this week), and my mom had some leftover Just Egg that she sent me home with. I made a quick Veggie Omelet with it this morning! Stuffed with Daiya, tomato (from my garden), spinach, and bell pepper (from my CSA). Fresh, organic berries on the side!

This morning at work, I went downstairs to French Truck Coffee to buy a bag of whole beans for the house, and they had vegan donuts from Darling Donuts! Lily of Darling Donuts has been delivering there most Mondays. I got a Blueberry Fritter, which went perfectly with the free cup of coffee that came with my bagged coffee beans.


2 comments:

Sri said...

So glad to hear that Paul is continuing the fiber rich diet. I don’t like donuts but I see them in your blog and start craving them!

Jenny said...

Minestrone soup is a good thing to make for a non-vegan (or... slowly converting vegan?) because really, how different can it be. I think a lot of people don't realize that they're eating vegan foods all the time without realizing it. Paul is lucky you're willing to cook for him!
That must have been a nice treat- going out for coffee beans and returning with a cup of coffee and a donut! It looks delicious.