Monday, February 14, 2022

Super Bowl Snacks!

Super Bowl Sunday is one of my favorite winter holidays! I'm not a big football fan, though I do enjoy watching the big game. But I'll confess that I never have a clue which team I'm for until the day of. Last night, I was rooting for the Bengals because they had cooler helmets. So there ya go! Despite their loss, it was exciting to watch the Rams come back in the last quarter. 

The real fun for me though isn't the game or the commercials (though I do love those! That Uber Eats commercial was my fave of the night). It's the snacks for me. Last night, I made Gardein Ultimate Buffalo Chicken in the air fryer and served with Imagine Vegan Cafe's ranch dressing. Plus, I made Beer Cheese Dip from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook. And of course, I had to have guac!

The beer cheese dip looks a little dark because I used a dark beer, but it had great flavor. The dip has cashews, walnuts, beer, and lots of nooch, and it got a little thicker than I'd like (I added more cornstarch than the recipe called for). But I noticed that it thins out well when heated with some additional liquid. I have a lot left so I see burrito bowls in my future!

Here's a close-up of that chicken. The Gardein Ultimate is by far the best vegan chicken on the market, IMO, and these were fantastic.

Oh, and here was a fun Super Bowl Sunday find. Paul and I stopped by Kroger for snacks, and I just happened to check the ingredients on these. They're vegan! 

4 comments:

Barb said...

I've been addicted to pickle-flavored almonds lately, so I need to try those doritos!

Susan said...

Oh, I hope we get pickle flavoured doritos!
I love your methond of picking a team, it sounds very similar to how I would choose!

Jenny said...

All of this food looks delicious!!! I'm not a huge fan of meat-y things, but I don't mind gardein, and I think I have to try those (my son and husband would LOVE them too.). The cheese dip sounds incredible, and those chips! I want some.

Jennifer Bliss said...

I've only been able to find those Doritos ONCE and it was like over a year ago! Grrrr! I want some more!