Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Desk Eats, Wrapzody, & Overnight Oats

As I mentioned in a post earlier this week, one of my February goals is to nail a whole food, plant-based breakfast every day. No vegan sausage & Just Egg sandwiches this month! Just whole foods (and no sugar) for breakfast. I'm focusing on monthly goals in 2022, and my other Feb goals are strength training 3x a week and journaling every single day. Plus, I'm still on a yoga and foam rolling streak!

I made Overnight Oats from the Complement Well app this week for breakfast. These have almond milk, chia seeds, chopped dates, allulose (a natural sugar-free sweetener), and matcha powder. I topped them with a little Picky blueberry granola, raspberries, and unsweetened Kite Hill Greek yogurt.

I started a new job this week, and although I'll be mostly working from home, I'm going into the office a bit as I learn new things. On Monday, my first day, I wanted to bring a very easy lunch because I didn't know what kind of equipment they had in the break room. Fortunately, I picked up this Wicked Foods Punchin' Potatoes & Beans Chili Mac on clearance at Kroger, and that was perfect. I love the Wicked Foods line, but it's so expensive. Always fun to find things like this on sale! It was surprisingly filling with bean chili and pasta. I also packed some Rosemary Garlic Ka-pop Chips from my Vegan Strong box.

On Tuesday, my second day in the office, I went out for lunch with a co-worker (who also happens to be an old friend) at Wrapzody downtown. I noticed they had a vegan menu so I wanted to check it out. They have several vegan options (including a Beyond Burger), but I went with a classic Garden Vegan Wrap (with black beans, corn, hummus, romaine, mushrooms, and red onions) and Veggie Chips.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Congratulations on the new job! It's exciting, and great that you'll be able to work from home. I like your February goals- mine are similar. It's challenging to fit in the strength AND yoga on top of running, right? I'm liking your healthy breakfast ideas- those oats sound delicious.