Monday, February 7, 2022

Rainbow Wraps & Healthy Breakfast!

I started a new job today — as the newsletter editor for The Daily Memphian newspaper! Very exciting, and I'm learning lots of new things. But last week, I took a full week off to rest and reset before starting a new career. Rather than take a trip, I just stayed home and watched a lot of Netflix, organized my home office (much of my work will be remote), and ran a bunch of errands. 

Last Tuesday, I made the drive out to Trader Joe's. It's about a 35-minute drive from my house, so I rarely go. I figured my off week would be the best time. I picked up some fun new products (the TJ's vegan feta was fantastic!), and I grabbed this quick Rainbow Wrap with chickpeas, curried hummus, beets, and spinach to eat in the car since I had more errands to run. This was good, but it needed way more curried hummus.

Now that I'm off my 30-day reset plan, I'm trying to strike a healthy balance between whole foods and indulgent treats. My goal for February is just to nail breakfast every day, meaning I want to make sure to eat whole foods only for my first meal of the day. To do this, I'm getting some inspiration from the Complement Well app (run by the No Meat Athlete folks). They have links to lots of WFPB breakfast recipes, like this Spicy Tofu Scramble from Lazy Cat Kitchen. This was made with silken tofu rather than firm, so it had a different texture from what I'm used to. It was perfect atop sprouted grain toast with avocado!

And here's some more traditional Avocado Toast from Sunday morning. I sprinkled this with turmeric and Everything But the Bagel seasoning, plus my homemade hot sauce.

5 comments:

Sri said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is awesome news Miss Editor! I hope you love the new job. And fantastic idea to start the days right with a healthy breakfast.

NN said...

OK... I'm taking this as a sign...

We share the same birthday and a bizarre amount of characteristics... and today I'm in the final interview for a new gig. Here's hoping our similarities continue. ;)

Many congrats to you on the new job!!!

Also, I really enjoyed the review of the book in January after hearing the Sherzi's on many podcasts. Do you recommend the book?

Jennifer Bliss said...

Congrats! Also...I want one of everything posted here...I could gobble them up FAST...super hungry at the moment LOL :)

Bianca said...

Hey NN!! That's awesome! Maybe we're cosmic twins?!!! I hope this means you get the job! Fingers crossed for you! And yes, I definitely recommend the 30-Day Alzheimer's cookbook. The first book, which is mostly text and a few recipes, is good for background, but the 30-Day book is a beautiful cookbook, and everything I made was fantastic. Especially loved the Mediterranean scramble and the spicy cauli tofu bowl!

NN said...

Sweet. I will look at getting it. Thanks!

Yes... we're living our best lives. LOL