Monday, February 21, 2022

Ramen, Overnight Oats, & Buffalo Chicken Sandwich!

Last night, I needed to use up some leftover tofu puffs that Paul didn't eat. I picked him up some tofu pho from Pho Binh on Friday, and he only used about half the puffs (they're packed separately from the broth) in his soup. So I had the rest, plus all of the pho fixings he didn't want (onions, scallions, bean sprouts, jalapenos, and hoison), in a bowl of Vite Ramen Miso Soup. This hit the spot.

Last Friday, I had Overnight Oats for breakfast. The oat base had soymilk, chia seeds, and allulose (the Trader Joe's brand of all-natural sugar sub), and I added dates, blueberries, walnuts, and peanut butter on top. Plus, extra soymilk. This was an exceptionally good bowl of oats.

And here's a recent Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. I used the last of the Gardein Ultimate Buffalo Chicken that I bought for the Super Bowl, plus cashew ranch. Messy but so tasty!

By the way, I've started my new job at The Daily Memphian, and I love it! A big part of my job is writing the morning news wrap-up with blurbs about the stories from the past day's news cycle. If you're interested, you can check out this morning's column here. 

2 comments:

Jennifer Bliss said...

That Buffalo Chicken looks INTENSE. Congrats on the new job! Glad you are liking it!

Susan said...

I am glad that you are enjoying your new job!