Thursday, February 24, 2022

Margs, Taco Salad and GGB Bowls

Tuesday was National Margarita Day AND Taco Tuesday. WHAT?! That's one holiday I knew I needed to celebrate. For my marg, I used the standard recipe from The Taco Cleanse cookbook (just tequila, lime, and triple sec), but I had some blood oranges that were going bad, so I added the juice from one of those. Perfection!

I'm trying to eat salads every day (after being inspired by a podcast with Dr. Joel Fuhrman), so rather than have regular tacos, I had a Taco Salad. Also, I'm out of tortillas. For the dressing, I had half an avocado that needed using, and I had the weird idea to mix in balsamic vinegar. I instantly realized that an aesthetically bad choice. Ha! Brown avocado dressing, it is! But it was still tasty. I told myself it was "creamy balsamic," and that made it seem better.

Here's a delicious, recent GGB Bowl (grain/green/bean) with Trader Joe's Sriracha Tofu, steamed kale, and pearled barley. I love meals like this!

And here's this week's breakfast — Tofu Scramble & Toast with Coconut Butter. I've been doing scramble a lot lately. This is my standard No Meat Athlete scramble from their Health Made Simple program. 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yum- this all looks delicious (even the avocado/balsamic dressing!) Tragically, I didn't know Tuesday was Margarita day till after the fact (I hate when that happens!) I've been eating a lot of tofu scrambles lately as well- I like your idea to put coconut butter on the toast- I'm going to try that.