Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Avocado "Toast," Burrito Bowls, & a Valentine's Cup

On Tuesday morning, I wanted avocado toast for breakfast. And I had plenty of avocados that I didn't use for Super Bowl guac. For some reason, I bought 4 avocados for my guac, even though I was only making enough for one person (Paul likes it but rarely eats it, so it was just for me). Ha! But I was out of bread. So I made sweet potato "toasts" by roasting slices in the oven and then popping them in the toaster. I topped my "toasts" with lots of everything bagel seasoning and sriracha.


I also had lots of beer cheese dip left from the Big Game, so I made a Burrito Bowl for dinner last night (and again for lunch today). The base is brown rice, garlickly black beans, and corn, topped with beer cheese dip, salsa, lettuce, Tofutti sour cream, pickled jalapenos (my obsession of the moment) and guac (because of all those avocados!).


And finally, I just had to show you all the awesome wine tumbler my friend Mike sent me for Valentine's Day! It's nice to have friends who have your back. ;-)

1 comment:

Jennifer Bliss said...

I did something similar with a sweet potato and avocado this past weekend that I will be posting about soon! It was due to lack of options at a local restaurant actually and it turned out super yummy!