Thursday, February 10, 2022

Pizza, Burgers, & Tofu Scram

Wednesday was National Pizza Day, and that's one I couldn't let slip by without a celebration. I met some former co-workers for drinks at Art Bar after work (for a former coworkers' retirement party), and afterward, I grabbed a Pizza del Giardino from Pizzeria Trasimeno. This pizza is vegan on the menu (no need for special instructions to leave off the cheese), but it doesn't come with a vegan cheese option. And it doesn't need it! I love a good gooey vegan cheese pie, but this one lets the veggies shine. I always order with no arugula (cause I don't like it) and add truffle oil (because I REALLY like it).


On Tuesday night for dinner, I had some leftover Thanksgiving Burgers from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook in the freezer, so I had one of those with leftover vegan goat cheese dip (from Imbolc) and Trader Joe's Romesco Dip (makes a great burger topper). Plus, I made the Sesame Turmeric Fries from the NMA Cookbook too.


And here's my breakfast this morning! A quick Tofu Scramble to use up some old veggies (the last of my baby spinach, shredded carrots, onion, and cherry tomatoes). I added some pickled jalapenos for heat. Since I'm doing totally whole food breakfasts, I skipped butter on my sprouted toast and used tahini and nooch instead.


2 comments:

Susan said...

I totally missed out pizza day this year, but never fear, I am making pizza this week to make up for it!

Jennifer Bliss said...

I posted about Pizza, Pods, and such today, too! These look great! Tofu Scram....YES...my favorite is to add salsa to it! YUMMERS!