Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Venezuelan Food + Grain Bowls + Scrambled Chickpeas!

I'm currently doing a Thanksgiving quarantine, so I've been avoiding my usual takeout pick-up and opting instead for contactless delivery. Global Café in Crosstown Concourse offers free delivery within four miles of the building, so last Thursday, I ordered the Venezuelan Vegan Plate with black beans, white rice, and plantains. It sounds so simple, but everything is seasoned to perfection. It's one of my favorite dishes in Memphis!

Last Monday, I made the Turmeric Tahini Bowl from Eat Feel Fresh. This has quinoa with lentils, kale, sweet potatoes, avocado, and a creamy turmeric tahini sauce. It's topped with radishes and nori flakes. I love wholesome meals like this!

I wanted to make scrambled tofu for breakfast a couple days ago, but I only had enough tofu left for another recipe I wanted to try later in the week. And I couldn't get more tofu since I'm quarantining, so I made Scrambled Chickpeas instead! This recipe is from Isa Does It, and I'd made it before years ago. It's a nice alternative to tofu.


I wanted a quick, healthy, snacky dessert one night, so I made the Two Minute Turtles from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook. These are just dates stuffed with pecans and chocolate chips. You heat them in the microwave for just a few seconds so the chocolate gets melty.

And finally, here's my latest Bring It Food Hub CSA haul! Daikon, mustard greens, apples, cauliflower, and green tomatoes. 

I hope y'all have a happy Thanksgiving! I'll be spending the day with my very tiny family, and I'll check back in after the holiday!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I love simple meals too! If it's all seasoned nicely, it doesn't need to be fussy!
I've never tried scrambled chickpeas. I don't know why, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around that idea.
Hope you have a great holiday, can't wait to see your food!

Cadry's Kitchen said...

Those fried plantains look perfect! You can't get much better than the simplicity of them with beans and rice.

Veenas said...

This Recipe is Look So Fresh, Healthy and Delicious to Prepare. Thank You So Much for the Recipe !!