Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Falafel! Dal! Savory Oats!

A couple Takeout Thursdays ago, I picked up some Falafel and Tabbouleh from Global Café at Crosstown Concourse. Global has the best falafel in town! They're so big, and you get four in an order with a side of hummus. 

I can usually only eat three, so I plated three, but I got full after eating only two. So I saved the other two and ate them for lunch the next day on a Falafel Salad. I added the leftover hummus and some Roots Oil-Free Hummus, plus some lettuce, carrots, and avocado. 

After I made Chipotle Chickpea Chili on Chef AJ's show last week, I had a big bowl of it for dinner. Topped with lots of Simple Truth Queso Dip and guacamole salsa. Y'all the Simple Truth Queso Dip is my favorite vegan cheese dip ever! It's made from butter beans, and it's sooooo good.

In my new weekly meal theme plan, Wok Wednesdays have become World Cuisine Wednesdays, so I can make any dish that's not American. Last Wednesday, that was Yellow Dal with Grain-free Garlic Naan from Eat Feel Fresh. The dal was a classic version that really hit the spot, and the naan was the best gluten-free thing I've ever made. It had a base of almond flour and tapioca starch, so it was very soft and chewy. 

And finally, here's a hearty bowl of Savory Oats from The No Meat Athlete Cookbook. This is my go-to savory oats dish. It has shredded carrots, nooch, marinara (or salsa, either is suggested), avocado, and pumpkin seeds. 


3 comments:

Susan said...

World Cuisine Wednesdays sound like a lot of fun.

Cadry's Kitchen said...

I've been wanting to try the dips from Simple Truth! Becky Striepe has been talking them up a lot on her podcast, Talkin' Tofu. However, I haven't seen them locally. And when I search on Google, it comes up with results from the south and west. Hopefully sometime!

Hillary said...

I don't think I've seen the Simple Truth Buffalo Queso, but I will keep an eye out. It seems like every time I go to Smith's, Simple truth has a new vegan item!
As usual your savory oat bowl makes me really want to try savory oats!