Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Lemongrass Tofu: Three Ways

On the Friday that our sweet Gelfling (our 15-year-old kitty) died, the only thing I wanted to eat was comfort food — something greasy and fried that would temporarily fill the kitty-sized hole in my heart. So we grabbed some Pho Binh to go. I ordered the Lemongrass Tofu (my very fave), and Paul got us an order of Veggie Fried Rice and Tofu Spring Rolls to share. Very few veggies, mostly brown. I can say that this meal (and a few glasses of wine) certainly helped for a little bit.

The thing is, when you order Pho Binh, you have leftovers for days. So I had to find new ways to use my leftover lemongrass tofu. The next day, I made a stir-fry with broccoli, carrots, bean sprouts, leftover white rice, and lemongrass tofu.

By Monday, I was still eating lemongrass tofu, but I wanted to be a tad healthier at the start of my week. So I made a Buddha bowl with lemongrass tofu, steamed broccoli, steamed carrots, and brown rice. 

Paul had ordered the Tofu Pho that Friday when we placed a big order, and he had some leftovers that he didn't want. So I finished those off too. I added broccoli for some extra nutrition. Pho Binh's Tofu Pho is the best! I'm actually kind of looking forward to colder days so I justify ordering this more often.

And here's a non-Pho Binh meal. Have y'all tried these Soon ramen cups? They're vegan and really good! Best instant ramen cups I've had. The kimchi flavor is awesome.

2 comments:

Susan said...

All about looking after yourself when you are grieving, I am glad that you were able to get something that comforted you. And excellent use of leftovers.

Hillary said...

I'm glad you were able to find some comfort.
Having tons of leftover lemongrass tofu sounds like a problem I wouldn't mind having myself!
I was looking at those Soon cups, and really wanted to try one, but unfortunately they aren't gluten free!