Thursday, August 20, 2020

Mac & Cheeze! Stir-Fry! Wet Burrito!

On Macaroni Monday this week, I picked the Roasted Red Pepper Mac & Cheese from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook. The cheese sauce is made with roasted red peppers (I roasted a local one from the farmers market myself!), butternut squash, and cashews. It's REALLY good and super-creamy. I served it with some PlantMade Buffalo Cauliflower Wings and Sauteed Kale.

I thought it'd be fun to show you the difference in my lunch and dinner sizes. The above meal was a dinner, and since I've been practicing Ayurveda, I've been trying to have smaller dinners and bigger lunches, since the digestive fire is stronger from 10 am-2 pm. Here was the same meal for lunch the next day. WAY MORE FOOD! I love eating this way because I sometimes have 5-6 hours between lunch and dinner, and I need to stay full. But I don't like to eat a whole lot before bed, and I go to bed very early.


On Taco Tuesday, I used the leftover cheese sauce on a Bean & Rice Burrito to make it a wet burrito. The burrito had pintos, brown rice, cherry tomato, and avocado slices. I baked it in the air fryer for about eight minutes to make the tortilla nice and crunchy, and then I topped it with warm cheese sauce, guac, and salsa.


For Wok Wednesday, I had a Tofu & Veggie Stir-fry (my Wok Wednesday usual), but this time, I served it over the Saffron Cauliflower Rice from the Eat Feel Fresh Cookbook. I love carbs, so I'm pro-rice. But this onion-y/garlicky/saffron cauli-rice sounded so good. And it was!

Flashback to last Saturday (SIZZLE SATURDAY!) when Paul and I grilled out! I grilled a Field Roast Veggie Burger and topped it with guac (served on a LuLu's bun) with Corn on the Cob and some farmers market squash. 

Here's my breakfast from this morning! Another Eat Feel Fresh recipe. I made the Lentil Squash Oats (for pitta). These have butternut squash (leftover from the mac), red lentils, and steel cut oats, topped with avocado, cucumber, and hemp seeds. I loved how hearty and filling this meal was.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

That makes sense to eat a bigger meal earlier in the day. I've thought about making that change, but lunch is not a meal I eat regularly, so I've never tried it.
I still need to try savory oats!!!

Susan said...

Lentil squash savoury oats sounds like a magnificent way to start the day.