Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Ethiopian Takeout! Mango Dranks! Burger Salads!

I'm so sad that buffets are a thing of the past. I hope they come back one day! My favorite Ethiopian restaurant Abysinnia had the BEST buffet. I hadn't been there in awhile, but then I saw a coworker post that she'd gotten takeout from there. And suddenly, I needed that too! On Takeout Thursday last week, I got Abysinnia's Veggie Platter to go, and y'all, it was SO MUCH FOOD. This was enough wats, salads, and veggies for three meals. I requested extra injera so I'd have enough for a couple day's leftovers. Injera is life.

Global Café in Crosstown Concourse has been posting images of their beautiful Mango-Rita for weeks now, and I've been having some serious FOMO. So last Friday, Paul and I headed over to Concourse after work (I'm still working from home) so I could finally try it! This is a margarita, crafted by their awesome bartender Juan, topped with an ENTIRE MANGO sprinkled with chile-lime salt and hot sauce. The Concourse loading dock patio is a perfect place for safer COVID-19-era dining.

After my drink, which was kind of a meal in itself, we walked over to Farm Burger in Concourse for dinner. I got the Superfood Salad and asked them to top it with their Vegan Burger. I'm trying to avoid salads at dinner since they're harder to digest (saving those for lunch when my digestive fire is stronger), but I'd been craving their kale salad for awhile. It's topped with the best crunchy black-eyed peas!

Here's a cute little Tomato Scone that I picked up from LuLu's at the CY Farmers Market last Saturday!

And finally, here's another breakfast from Eat Feel Fresh. I made the Sweet Potato Toasts with almond butter, yogurt (mine was homemade soy), raspberries, and hemp seeds. This was a pitta-recommended dish, and I'm vata-pitta, so that works for me! You should also eat more pitta (cooling) foods in the summer anyway.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Ha, we are on opposite sides of the buffet debate! I've always avoided them and for the most part think we will all be safer without!
That mango margarita is so freaking gorgeous!!!
Pretty little sweet potato toasts!

Susan said...

The mango margarita is amazing! It looks like it would be incredibly messy and fun to eat/drink.