I try to eat an 80/20 Plants diet as often as possible — meaning 80% whole food, plant-based with the other 20% reserved for vegan junk food, plant meats, desserts, etc. It doesn't work out some days, and I end up eating more like 50/50. Especially on the weekends! But when I manage to make 80/20 Plants work for me, I always feel better physically! You can learn more about the 80/20 Plants approach here. It's a program from No Meat Athlete that you can subscribe to monthly until you get the hang of it (they offer coaching and recipes!), but I no longer subscribe since I went through the program in a few months last year.
Anyway, all that is to say, sometimes, I'll work that 20% into an otherwise whole foods-based meal! On a Wok Wednesday a week or so ago, I made a Vegan Chicken Stir-fry using the breaded Simple Truth meatless chicken strips. I chopped them into small pieces and added to a stir-fry with zucchini and carrots. Served over brown rice. For the sauce, I mixed soy sauce, water, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch. That's pretty much my go-to stir-fry sauce.
Eating the 80/20 Plants way and trying to stick with Ayurvedic principles goes hand in hand! Both promote whole foods and healthy eating, so I'm enjoying these complementary practices. And when I stick to both, I feel amazing. I can immediately tell when I've slipped from either way of eating because my digestion will be off, and I'll struggle to stay asleep at night. It's crazy how much food can affect everything!