Monday, September 13, 2021

Vegan Ham, Spaghetti Squash, & Ramen!

A couple weeks ago, my friend Susan texted me and said "left something in your mailbox." I was at the office, so I couldn't check it right away, but when I went home for lunch that day, I found a sandwich in my mailbox! A whole wrapped sandwich! Susan had gone by Le Delights, a Vietnamese place in Cordova, and she knew I'd been wanting to try their Vegan Ham Sandwich. But I literally never drive out that way, so I'm so glad Susan thought of me! This has a soy-based veggie ham, and it was so good.

I got a tiny spaghetti squash in my CSA a few weeks ago, so I made some Spaghetti Squash with Tempeh Marinara and vegan mozz, plus some garlic toast and kale on the side.

When I got back from vacation last week, I still had Monday off for Labor Day, so I slept in and then had Ramen with Soy Curls in my PJs while watching Netflix, an old Sunday tradition that I can't do these days with my 50K training schedule (I'm always running on Sunday mornings now). But I don't run on Mondays, and Monday was basically a Sunday last week. Yay! Btw, I use Koyo noodles because they're baked so I feel like they're a little healthier.

And here's a sad looking picture of a delicious Vegan Chicken Sandwich with bread & butter pickles and vegan mayo (the ONLY way to eat a chicken sandwich, IMO!), plus a side of sweet potato fries made in the air fryer. I'm sad that we're losing daylight so much earlier. I guess I'll need to drag out my lightbox again soon. Winter is coming.  

3 comments:

Cadry's Kitchen said...

I didn't know that Koyo noodles are baked! I've recently reignited my ramen love affair, and I've been buying that brand. Good to know!

That was so sweet of Susan to leave a whole sandwich in your mailbox. That's a good kind of friend to have!

Susan said...

What a thoughtful friend!

Sri said...

How very sweet to get gifted a fun lunch.