Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Beans & Cornbread, Chickpea Pasta, & Loaded Sweet Potatoes!

A couple weeks ago, I stumbled across a bag of 15 Bean Soup in the grocery store, which I hadn't had in years. I used to love this stuff as a kid! It's like a rainbow of beans for your soup bowl. I checked the ingredients to see if the little ham-flavored seasoning pack was vegan, and it was! It even says VEGAN on the bag. So I had to get it! I cooked these in the slow cooker and served with cornbread, and it really brought me back. Paul loved this meal too! It doesn't get much better than beans and cornbread.

Here's another ramen bowl. I've been eating lots of ramen lately. I had this bowl, with tofu and veggies, before the screening of Tampopo (the 1980s Japanese ramen western) at Crosstown Arts. I'm glad I had this before the show because I would have left that theater craving ramen so hard otherwise.

Here's a night-before-my-long-run meal of Chickpea Pasta! I put this together with bits of leftover stuff — some whole wheat pasta from the bottom of a bag, leftover marinara from another meal, the last of a can of chickpeas (that I air-fried with Italian spices), and some zucchini that was about to go bad. 

And here's a Sunday night dinner of Loaded Sweet Potatoes! I topped this with pinto beans, baby spinach, homemade kraut, and avocado. So simple and delicious.

1 comment:

Sri said...

It’s good to see your ramen bowls again 😋