Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Taco Bake, Fettuccine Alfredo, & Stir-fry!

I'm making progress in my quest to cook every recipe from The Plant-Based Athlete book! Last week, I made the Taco Bake from bikini athlete Bre Wigley. This was so good! It has layers of brown rice (you use instant!), black beans, spinach & bell peppers, fire-roasted tomatoes, and vegan cheese. And then you serve it with guacamole and chopped onions (plus, I added Tofutti sour cream). It can be eaten with a spoon, with tortillas, or as a dip for corn chips (that was my preference!).

Here it is out of the oven. I used the Nabati vegan cheddar shreds for the cheese.

I recently discovered the Simple Truth Organic vegan alfredo sauce, and it is AMAZING. Best vegan alfredo from a jar I've ever had! I tried to recreate those Marie Callender's chicken fettuccine frozen meals with some whole wheat spaghetti, steamed broccoli, and sliced Gardein scallopini in this Vegan Chicken Fettuccine. It was perfection.

And finally, here was a super-easy Tofu & Veggie Stir-fry made with air-fried tofu, sauteed broccoli, and mushrooms. When I don't have time to make anything fancy for dinner, stir-fry is my go-to! For the sauce, I always just use a little cornstarch to thicken whatever marinade I used for the tofu and add it in at the end of cooking time. 


1 comment:

Sri said...

Indeed everything here looks super delicious - but that Taco Bake is giving me serious cravings! Hope your training is goi g well for Race #2.