Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Product Review: Delta 8 Living & CBD Living!

I'm a big believer in the power of CBD for sleep, minor aches and pains, anxiety, pretty much anything! And CBD Living makes lots of vegan products, like gummies, tinctures, and even CBD water. I've reviewed their all-purpose CBD gummies before, and you can read that here. But they've recently released a new line of vegan Delta 8 THC products, and they shipped me lots to review! I'll also be reviewing their new vegan CBD Sleep gummies in this post.

The Delta 8 Living line includes vapes, shots, a freeze roll-on, and gummies. Vaping isn't my thing (hey, no shade if it's your thing though), but they did send me a selection of shots, gummies, and the freeze. If you're not familiar with Delta 8 THC, it's a psychoactive cannabinoid that's currently legal and has a much milder effect than Delta-9 THC (the kind of THC from marijuana). Delta-8 is hemp-derived, and it's been said to help with anxiety, pain, and most importantly for me, workout recovery. I was excited to put these products to the test!


They sent me lots of Delta Living Shot flavors to try. This is a liquid form of Delta 8, and the bottle has measurements on the side for every 10 mg. The entire bottle contains 100 mg, so that's ten servings. I've learned that a standard shot glass holds about 10 mg, which is a nice, moderate dose that produces a very mild psychoactive effect. I've enjoyed doing a shot after work most days to relax, and it's a nice alternative to alcohol. My favorite has been the Arnie (ice tea and lemonade flavor). 


The shots come in large sizes and mini sizes. The minis have 30 mg, which could work as one or two shots, depending on your preference. That might even be three shots for me!


The Delta Living Gummies are 25 mg each, and they're totally vegan. I've found that eating a half of a gummy works best for me. Not only are these great for relaxing after work, they're also awesome for post-run. I save them for enjoying after weekend runs since I need to focus at work, but I notice a quicker muscle recovery when I take Delta 8 or CBD products following a run.


The Delta Living Freeze has been a lifesaver during my 50K training! This isn't ingestible but rather it's designed to be rolled onto sore muscles for relief. It's a cold freeze, so it provides immediate relief after my long runs. On Saturday, I used some after a 12-mile run, and then I put on compression socks. The cold therapy worked for about an hour, and I left the socks on for six or so hours. The next day, Sunday, I went out for another 12-mile run, and my legs felt fresh and totally recovered!


In addition to new Delta Living products, CBD Living has also introduced new vegan CBD Sleep gummies! These do not contain Delta 8, but they do have a combo of CBD and melatonin, which is the perfect prescription for a great night's sleep. I've blogged quite a bit about how I have a hard time staying asleep, but when I take these sleep gummies, I have no issues sleeping through the night. And they give me some pretty amazing and vivid dreams, thanks I'm sure to the melatonin, which is known for its affect on dreams.


Delta 8 isn't for everyone, so I'd only recommend taking Delta 8 products if you're comfortable with a mild psychoactive effect. But the CBD gummies would be good for anyone, so long as vivid dreams don't bother you! 

No comments: