Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Wraps, Bowls, & Chips & Dips!

Here are a few things I've been eating lately! I bought some burrito-sized tortillas recently, and I can't stop making wraps! Maybe it's the heat, but I want to eat everything as a wrap these days. This one has grilled tofu, pickled red onions, lettuce, grilled squash, and tahini-garlic sauce.

Here's a rando bowl. I got a lot of squash in my CSA, so I sauteed some with some fresh chard that my neighbor Dennis gifted me and topped with marinated, air-fried tofu and Trader Joe's sriracha garlic BBQ sauce. I can't remember what grain was on the bottom, but it was either brown rice or quinoa.

I had some toor dal that needed using, so I made some Indian-spiced dal with lots of hing (my current obsession — it makes everything taste like Indian food!). I added some more of that chard from my neighbor.

And here's a party plate! My friends Melissa and Anthony recently invited some friends over for a pool party! I'm so glad parties are back! We all brought little snacks to share. I made the famous Tik Tok feta pasta (with vegan with tofu feta), and Jennifer brought a yummy black-eyed pea salad. Melissa made a tasty onion dip, and Megan made homemade hummus. 

Here's a close-up of the Tik Tok pasta! It was good! I think next time, I'll use Violife instead of healthy tofu feta, but it was still tasty. Here's the recipe I used from 80/20 Plants. 

1 comment:

Sri said...

Everything does seem to taste better as a burrito 😋. I am with you about himg. It adds that something something that takes Indian food to the next level.