Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chili Cheese Dog Time!

Since it's Freezer Clean-Out Week, I've been scavanging through my overstuffed freezer for random odds and ends to combine for meals. I found an open package of three Smart Dogs and storage container filled with a half-cup of chili (both leftover from chili dogs at my Me-Maw's last Halloween). I also found whole wheat hot dog buns and about a fourth of a package of Daiya mozzarella. And you know what that means, right? Chili Cheese Dog!

I would typically top my dog with Daiya cheddar, but the mozzarella needed to be used. And it was equally delicious!

Of course, that's a pretty meaty, processed dish there. So I balanced the meal with a big ole salad topped with half of a frozen Southwest Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burger from Crazy Sexy Diet.

I made a big batch of these hearty burgers during my cleanse in January, and I ended up having to freeze a few patties that I couldn't finish. The patties were excellent enjoyed as burgers back then, but they were also awesome crumbled over this salad.

7 comments:

JL goes Vegan said...

May I please come eat out of your freezer?

Sheridan said...

Yum! Such awesome freezer meals! I think if I tried to eat out of my freezer right now, I would have brussels sprouts and pie crust. hahaha!

Jes said...

DUUUUUUDE! :D I had the same thing for dinner last night (no joke!!). Cravings for chili cheese dogs must be in the air! I used the Amy's Medium Chili, cheddar Daiya, and added minced onions. You forget just how good they are.

Shannon said...

Oh man. I haven't had a hot dog in so long, much less a chili cheese dog. I need to do this soon!

luminousvegans@wordpress said...

Ok, chill cheese dog is calling my name! Looks yummy!

Barb@ThatWasVegan? said...

Crumbled veggie burgers on a salad are AWESOME!!

tender b. said...

I want a chili dog like that!