Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Hodo Reviews: All-Day Egg and Moroccan Tofu

Earlier this year, I ordered a few care packages from vegan bodybuilding legend Robert Cheeke. He puts together these awesome packages with vegan protein powders, bars, snacks, and coupons. So I ended up with quite a few Hodo free product coupons. I love Hodo's tofu products, but they're kind of expensive. So I never buy them. But I can buy free! 

On my last grocery trip, I picked up some Hodo All-Day Egg Scramble, which is basically tofu scramble. It's about $7.50 a pack, and it's enough for one serving (the box says 2.5, but let's be real). I wanted to make it last though, so I had some atop a couple pieces of sourdough to stretch it into two servings. It's really good! The flavor is awesome, and Hodo has a firmer texture than most tofu. Would I pay full price for it? No. But it's delicious.

I used another coupon for these Hodo Chermoula Moroccan Cubes. These were spiced and pre-crumbled, and all you have to do is heat it up. But honestly, it was so good, I ate about one-fourth of it straight out of the package before I could even cook it. These were a little cheaper than the scramble, and I'd pay money for this because I'm not sure I could recreate that chermoula spice (coriander, paprika, garlic, and cumin) the same way at home. I enjoyed mine over a bowl with brown rice and chard. I added tahini after this pic.

No comments: