Monday, September 19, 2022

Beyond Orange Chicken at Panda Express!

Panda Express recently released Beyond Orange Chicken, and I couldn't wait to try it! I once tried to go to a Panda Express, years ago, thinking that an Asian-themed fast food place would certainly have a veggie stirfry or something I could eat. But no, back then there was nothing. So I was excited to hear about Panda embracing vegan options!

The nearest Panda Express to my house is about a 20-minute drive though, so it wasn't exactly fast food for me. But I ran a 25K race on Saturday morning, and I was hungry, and orange chicken sounded really good. So I drove out to the Memphis Panda near Poplar and Ridgeway.

I wasn't sure how to order there. It's a little confusing, but I ended up getting the bowl, which comes with one entree and one side. But they'll let you split the side so you can really get two sides. I got Beyond Orange Chicken for my entree and white rice and power greens (broccoli, cabbage, and kale) as sides. The chow mein is also vegan, but it seemed like a weird pairing with orange sauce.


This was SO GOOD, y'all. The crispy chicken was very realistic, as Beyond Meat products tend to be. I doubt a non-vegan would even know the difference. And the sauce was the perfect blend of sweet and savory. I was also really impressed with the power greens. They were well-seasoned, and the broccoli was the perfect texture. 

I also got some Veggie Spring Rolls since they're vegan too!


It's probably a good thing that Panda Express is so far from my house because this is too good, and I'd be eating it all the time if it were closer. 

1 comment:

Cadry's Kitchen said...

So fun! I can't wait to try it for myself.