Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Shroom Tacos, Pickle Scones, & Salad!

Last Friday, we celebrated my friend Susan's birthday at Cameo, a cute little cocktail bar with a few vegan items. I opted for the Maitake Tinga Tacos (hold the sour cream), which had maitake mushrooms, pico, and peppers. They were really tasty, though quite small. I wasn't expecting street tacos for the price ($15), and I did have to eat more food when I got home though. In Cameo's defense, it is listed as a snack, so there's that. 

What better to drink with tacos than a margarita? Cameo makes a very solid marg.

On Saturday morning, I picked up this Dill Pickle Scone from the LuLu's booth at the CY Farmers Market. They made their own pickles and then added them to scones. SO GOOD! I could have eaten three or four of these. Are you sensing a theme here? Clearly, I have a healthy appetite.

And finally, here's a Beet, Fennel, and Orange Salad from Raw Girls that I picked up for a work lunch on Monday. This is the one Raw Girls dish I'd never ordered because it's got an arugula base, and I'm not crazy about arugula. And I also didn't think I liked fennel until recently when I had some in a salad and realized I actually love fennel. So that realization led me to be brave enough to try this. And you know what? It was good! I think arugula is easier to eat when you have the right salad dressing, and this did. It was a creamy pecan dressing that was perfect!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Give me that Dill Pickle Biscuit! I need it.