Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Last Fiber Fueled 4-Week Meal Round-up!

Last week was the last one on my Fiber Fueled 4-week meal plan! I started the plan in early August with Paul, in the hopes that he could finally clean up his diet and eat some damn fiber. But Paul fell off in the first week. Unfortunately, healthy eating just isn't his thing. But I stuck with it because I love Dr. Will B's recipes, and even though I don't have an issue getting enough fiber, I was curious to try his plan. 

The plan is built to slowly work in higher-FODMAP foods (like garlic, onions, bananas, etc.) so that in the first week, you have very little FODMAPs. And by then, you're eating a normal, whole food, plant-based diet. I sometimes have gas and bloating, so I wanted to see if that was caused by FODMAPs. And based on this plan, it's not! So that's good. Now I know the issue is something else (and honestly, it seems more exacerbated by raw cruciferous veggies, so I suspect that's my issue). 

Anyway, enough about gas! Here are some things I ate last week on the meal plan. On Sunday, I made the Gluten-Free Pancakes with oat flour and blueberries. A great start to my day!


I made these Sesame Noodle Meal Prep bowls for lunches, and they were so handy! They're made with soba noodles, tofu, carrots, cucumber, edamame, and a tasty tahini sauce. Plus, lots of seeds!


The Sunflower No-Tuna Spread also made great lunches when spread on some homemade sourdough bread (and topped with broccoli sprouts, which I've been growing at home).


Last Saturday (the night before a 5-mile race), I had the Chickpea Meatballs and Spaghetti. These balls were made with chickpeas, walnuts, and Italian herbs. They're very good, and the recipe makes a lot.


And finally, I ended my meal plan with Tofu Saag with spinach, coconut milk, and lots of Indian spices! This was from the Fiber Fueled plan, but starting this week, I'm taking a deep dive in Indian cooking (because I've got a new cookbook to review). So this saag was a great intro into the week! 


2 comments:

Jennifer Bliss said...

WOWZA - what great meals! Fiber packed as well as protein packed!!!!

Jenny said...

These meals all look delicious! About Paul- I know that if you aren't used to eating a lot of fiber, it can be uncomfortable at first. I wonder if that's what was happening with him. Anyway, if you're sneaking in some higher-fiber foods for him every once in a while, it's still better than nothing.
I'm looking forward to your Indian food deep dive! I LOVE Indian food but my son is not a fan- but now that he's back at college I'll start making it again.