Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Thai Rainbow Bowl, Kimchi Rice, and Gumbo!

I'm in the home stretch with my Fiber Fueled four-week meal plan. Only a few more days! But since I've been really chill about eating things not on the plan, it hasn't felt hard at all. Here are a few things I've eaten lately.

This Thai Rainbow Bowl was beautiful and delicious! It has a base of brown rice and was topped with tofu, raw veggies (cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, and red cabbage) and a tasty peanut sauce that I could drink.

The Kimchi Fried Rice was also a winner. Brown rice is sauteed with tofu, kimchi, bok choy, and shiitake mushrooms. I just love kimchi. All fermented foods really! I'm all about that salty tanginess.

Last night, I made Gumbo from the book, using okra from my neighbor's garden. This wasn't made with a traditional roux, but it did involve stirring flour into the veggies before adding broth so it still had that gumbo-like flavor. In fact, the spices (lots of thyme!) were spot-on for gumbo. I made a bunch of this so I'll be eating it for days. 


No comments: