Thursday, August 11, 2022

Lentil Tacos, Red Curry, and Muhammara Snax

Okay, it's now day 10 of the Fiber Fueled 4 weeks (from Dr. Will B's Fiber Fueled book), and Paul has officially fallen off the wagon and has no desire to get back on. He's back to living on cheese pizza and lasagna and chips, and that's his choice. He just really doesn't like vegetables, and that's on him. That said, I'm carrying on! Even though I already ate a ton of fiber and probably didn't need a fiber-fueled refresh, I am loving these recipes! And I'm not being super-strict or anything, so I can still have plant meat or vegan cheese if I want.

Here are a few meals from the book I've enjoyed lately. This Red Lentil Curry with my homemade sourdough was so tasty. It's definitely more of a fall/winter dish, but I can eat this way all year.

On Tuesday, I made the Lentil-Walnut Tacos, which I had on whole wheat tortillas with cilantro sauce from the book. Really yummy! I rarely make sauces like this, and I don't know why. It really takes food to the next level. I also added my homemade kraut because it's seasoned with cumin, which goes well with tacos.

On Wednesday, I had the same taco filling in a baked sweet potato, topped with lots of lettuce, tomato, olives, and cilantro sauce. 

And here's a quick pre-workout snack. I had some of the Muhammara Dip (made with roasted red peppers and walnuts) from the book on sourdough with Roasted Roots (also from the book, with roasted potatoes, parsnips, and radishes). 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The food all looks so good, especially the last picture. I’m going to have to try to make something similar sometime.