Thursday, July 21, 2022

Philly Cheesesteak, a Raw Cheescake, and a Big Ass Salad

Last Friday, I spent the day cleaning and grocery shopping, and by the end of all that, I was hungry and too tired to cook. So I called in a takeout order from Imagine Vegan Cafe on the way home. I got the Chicken Philly Cheesesteak and Collard Greens, and it was just what I needed! A little decadent with the sandwich, a little healthy with the greens.

I picked up this yummy Raw Lemon Cheesecake from the Raw Girls as a work day treat a couple weeks ago. I always grab lunch from there on office days, but I typically overlook the desserts because I'm more of a savory person. But sometimes, you need raw cheesecake.

Last Sunday, I PR'd by 5K at the Memphis Runners Track Club Road Race Series, and the night before, I had my standard pre-race pasta. For this dish, I blistered some cherry tomatoes from my garden in a little olive oil (with added kale) and folded that into some spaghetti. It's all topped with Follow Your Heart parm. It was a winner! Literally with that PR!

And finally, here's a big, tasty salad! This was one of those "throw in every veggie in the fridge" salads. I used Ocean's Halo Maui Onion dressing, and it's topped with Kelly's garlic cheezy croutons (which are the greatest food ever invented). 

No comments: