Wednesday, July 13, 2022

A Chicken Sammy, a Summer Cooler, and Healthy Brownies

Here's another edition of "stuff I ate" starting with this Boca Chicken Sandwich with Wicked Foods Bac-no-naise and pickles. Sure, there are better vegan chicken patties out there (I'm looking at you, Gardein Ultimate), but sometimes, you just need a classic Boca. These never disappoint. 

I'm still working my way through The Fiber Fueled Cookbook, and last Sunday afternoon, I made the Turmeric Orange Cooler. Okay, this was kind of weird. It was blended oranges with turmeric and ginger, and the recipe said to strain and drink. But it basically made a smoothie so there was no straining that could have been done. It was just kind of like thick juice. Next time, I'll definitely use my juicer instead. I get that they recommend the blender, so you actually get the fiber. But it was too juicy to be a real smoothie and too smooth to be juice.

But these Mexican Hot Chocolate Brownies from the same book were a sure-fire winner! They're made with black beans, peanut butter, spices, and oat flour, and they're sweetened with maple syrup. I've actually never made black bean brownies (that I can remember anyway), and I loved the soft, cakey brownie texture. 

I've been enjoying these topped with Cocowhip (and sometimes also with Brave Robot vanilla ice cream!)

1 comment:

KathyD said...

Boy, those brownies sure look delicious!