Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Bowls and Bowls and Bowls!

Here are a few bowls I've been eating lately! Last night, I had this Fried Rice Bowl with brown rice, marinated and airfried tofu, Just Egg, summer squash, shiitake mushrooms, corn, peas, carrots, and spinach. It's almost grocery time, and I had a lot of odds and ends that needed using. My mom made some really awesome fried rice for Father's Day, so I called to get her secret. She sautes cold rice in Earth Balance and olive or sesame oil. I'd never thought to use Earth Balance, but it made it so much better.

Here's a random Burrito Bowl with brown rice, kidney beans, sauteed kale, diced tomato from my garden, and fresh salsa. Also, notice Ozzy peeping on the neighbors out of the window!

And here's a very brown (but yummy!!) bowl with brown rice, roasted turnips (from my CSA), chard (from my neighbor's garden), cannellini beans, and a tahini-miso sauce. For the sauce, I just whisked together tahini, Lulu's homemade miso, a little nooch, soy sauce, and sriracha. Perfection!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Bowls make everything good, but Ozzie stole the show!

Sri said...

Each of your bowls is so unique and tasty looking. You have mad creative bowl skills!