Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Tofu Pho & Bowls, Bowls, Bowls

Paul and I have been craving Pho Binh's Tofu Pho for weeks! Pho Binh (Memphis' BEST Vietnamese restaurant) was closed for a couple months due to COVID, and when they reopened, everyone was so excited that their takeout business was swamped. We tried to order tofu pho a couple weeks ago, but they were fresh out of pho. But then last Saturday, we scored Tofu Pho

They were super-busy, and the takeout wait was about an hour. But it was so worth it. We got their pho and an order of Tofu Spring Rolls. When we arrived to pick up the food, they hooked us up with an extra couple orders of spring rolls that someone had called in and never picked up. Lucky day!

Here's a quick and tasty Grain/Green/Bean Bowl with quinoa, white beans, and collards. I like to cook my quinoa in veggie broth for lots of flavor, and then I add the greens and beans when the grains are almost done. One pot meal! 

Last night, I had another kind of grain/green/bean bowl, but this one had brown rice, lentils, roasted acorn squash, and steamed brussels. You know, I had no idea until a few weeks ago that you can buy frozen brussels sprouts? Life-changing! Also, check out this cool bowl holder (under the yellow bowl) that my friend Misti gave me! It's like a potholder, but it's bowl shaped, so you can grab hot bowls without burning your hand. Where has this been all my life?

And finally, here's a Tofu & Broccoli Stir-fry. I marinated the tofu in tamari and vegan chicken broth, and I made an easy stir-fry sauce with tamari, agave, and cornstarch. 


Who's ready for daylight savings time to end this weekend?! Or as I like to call it "natural light for food photos season"!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I love Pho so much. When I saw yours on the gram, it really amped up my craving!!
I love one pot meals like that.
I saw a recipe for smashed Brussels, this guy boiled them whole, then smashed them like potatoes and roasted them with this delicious looking sauce. Brussels are so great!
I am so ready for more light!!!

Holly said...

What, you can buy UN-frozen brussels sprouts? LOL

Jenny said...

Omg thank you for putting me on your blog roll! I've been reading your blog for YEARS!!!
I may be in the minority here, but I'm not a fan of turning the clocks ahead- it's going to mean some dark early morning runs for a few weeks, sigh. At least I wish we turned them back a little later.