Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Soul in the Raw's Effortlessly Flavorful Vegan Kitchen

Last year, I purchased the No Meat Athlete Health & Fitness Bundle, which included e-cookbooks, cooking courses, workout plans, and all kinds of fun stuff. I've been working my way through the products and just wrapped up Soul in the Raw's Effortlessly Flavorful Vegan Kitchen cooking course. It's a comprehensive course on creating raw (and some cooked) pates, dressings, dips, and sauces, as well as recipes to use some of those sauces.

I'm not a raw foodist, but it's already 80 degrees in Memphis (YAY!), and I love to eat more raw foods in the spring and summer. The key to making raw veggies taste good is a good sauce, and the instructor, Marina, is a master of sauces. 

Marina's virtual cooking class features videos on stocking a vegan pantry, making sauces without a recipe, lots of recipe videos, sprouting, and even a class on digestion (which is a topic I love to nerd out on). She also provides you with three e-cookbooks and meal plans. Here's what I've made from the cookbooks so far! This week, I made a cooked recipe for her Cheesy Broccoli Bowl. The cheesy sauce is made with white and sweet potatoes, and it's served over steamed broccoli and kale, millet, and roasted sweet potato. I love a healthy, simple meal like this!

I also used her cheesy sauce to make her Nacho Cheese Dip with Homemade Corn Chips, which is basically dipping nachos. You layer black beans, her cheesy sauce, cilantro, jalapeno, and green onion and dip away. 

I've also made her Mediterranean Bowl, which I blogged about a while back. This has marinated, raw zucchini, eggplant, and mushrooms with an oil-free edamame hummus. Marina's recipes are all oil-free, and though I do use some oil in cooking, I can get down with oil-free recipes too. 

And finally, I loved her Curry Dill Sauce (with a carrot base!) to top grain/green/bean bowls.

There is a cost for the course, but if you're looking to start eating healthfully or incorporating raw foods, it's definitely worth it! And you can watch the videos over and over. The ebooks are also yours to keep. I'll be using her sauce formula in my kitchen for years to come!

No comments: