Monday, August 19, 2019

Celebrating Sheridan's Birthday (AGAIN!) in Little Rock!

My BFF Sheridan had a birthday on August 8th, and we celebrated in late July when she and her partner Drew were visiting Memphis to see Hamilton at The Orpheum. But little did Sheridan know, Drew had a surprise plan up his sleeve. Drew arranged a surprise birthday dinner for Sheridan and a few of her lady friends this past Saturday night at Cache, a fancy restaurant in downtown Little Rock.

He told Sher that he had won a contest to meet a local mystery celebrity for dinner at Cache, and he wanted her to go with him. She put on a new (very cute) dress and nervously rode downtown to Cache with Drew for what she expected would be an awkward dinner with a stranger. But when they arrived, we were waiting. Surprise! That's Sheridan in the middle, and our long-time friend Brittany on the right. I've known Sheridan since 7th grade and Brittany since 2nd grade!!!


A couple of the ladies who were supposed to come couldn't make it, and while Drew hadn't planned to stay, we invited him to sit down and have dinner with us.


Cache is the kind of high-end place that serves a $115 steak, but amazingly, they also have a vegetarian menu! And from the looks of it, most of the dishes on that menu are vegan. We started with an appetizer of Pita & Hummus, and let me tell you — that flatbread/pita was AMAZING. It was warm and soft, almost like pizza crust. Perfect with my dirty martini!


For my entree, I ordered the Teriyaki Tofu. It was a simple dish with lightly pan-fried tofu, a sesame teriyaki sauce, steamed broccoli, and basmati rice. It's like something I'd make at home!


I wasn't really expecting something this simple for the price ($15), but it's probably what my body needed. I definitely felt good about myself after I ate this.

I spent the night in Little Rock, and while we typically go out for brunch on my visits, we decided that we should grab a quick pastry since Sheridan had work to do on Sunday, and I had lots of chores at home. We went to Rosalia's Family Bakery, which sells vegan pastries and desserts! We got Morning Glory Muffins (stuffed with dried fruit and carrots), and I had a Soy Cappuccino.


I also grabbed a Gluten-Free Vegan Sugar Cookie to go! This made a perfect afternoon treat when I got back to Memphis.


Oh, and hey look what we found! There's an Old Town Road in Little Rock! We didn't ride our horse there (is that even vegan??), but we drove Sheridan's Subaru down the Old Town Road.


5 comments:

Susan said...

Yay! Sheridan certainly is worthy of two celebrations. What a sweet surprise for her.
Looking at the menu, I think I would have had to choose the teriyaki tofu as well. Tofu and broccoli just always call to me.

Hillary said...

What a wonderful surprise for Sheridan!! Happy belated birthday to her!!
Your meal looks delicious, although definitely pricey!!!

LJ Conrad said...

While absolutely no doubt an evening with good friends is a more enjoyable experience than the awkward meal with a stranger, that's a really odd bluff to choose. Saying 'you're going to meet a celebrity!' and then the surprise being that you're *not* meeting a celebrity means that expectations, curiosity and fantasy just got dashed. I'd expect that bluff to be the other way round normally! In cases of surprise parties, isn't it usual to get the person to expect something mundane and ordinary in order for the surprise to be wonderful, rather than have them expect something bizarre and unique? Glad you all had a lovely time though :)

Sarah said...

How sweet of you guys to surprise her! What a fun time, I'm so glad that you got to be together and celebrate! How special that you've all known each other for that long!

Drew Posey said...

Haha! Why would I settle for ordinary or mundane? Sher loved seeing her friends much more than meeting Ted Danson. (Although that would be neat) Besides, me winning a secret celebrity dinner from a raffle at a film festival is totally plausible, and more important, obligatory. I had to get her downtown some how!