Thursday, July 25, 2019

Masala Burger! Tofu Cottage Cheese! And More!

This past Tuesday night, my friend Pam let me be her date to see Hamilton at the Orpheum!!! OMG y'all, IT WAS SO GOOD. Seriously lived up to all hype. I can't stop listening to the soundtrack. Before the show, I needed to scarf down something quick, so I made a Trader Joe's Masala Burger with Ginger-Mango Chutney (also from TJ's) and Air-Fried Curry Fries (served with curry ketchup).


One of my all-time fave breakfasts is Tofu Cottage Cheese & Vegemite on Toast. My recipe for tofu cottage cheese is in my cookbook, Cookin' Crunk, but I didn't have the vegan yogurt on-hand when I made it this week, so I just made this batch with vegan mayo. It's still very good with the salty Vegemite. This works great with Marmite too, but Vegemite is my fave (Susan in Australia will be proud!).


Here's a Smoked Tofu Stir-fry I made with some smoked tofu (from my dad), broccoli, and zucchini over brown rice.


And here's last night's dinner, enjoyed outside on an unseasonably cool summer night, while reading Relentless Forward Progress: A Guide to Running Ultramarathons by Bryan Powell. My dinner was Whole Wheat Pasta with Cashew Alfredo, Spinach, & Veggie Balls. The sauce was from a jar (by Victoria Vegan), and the balls were from IKEA.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooooh yum! It all looks so good, the veggie burger is a perfect quick meal before the show! That's awesome that you were able to go! That pasta looks incredible and I'm always down for a good stir fry!

Cadry's Kitchen said...

I just bought some Marmite recently. I need to get out my copy of your cookbook to make tofu cottage cheese & toast with it!

Susan said...

I am SO PROUD! :D