Monday, January 22, 2018

Reclaim & Revolt, Day 22

This morning was my first Monday rest day from working out! In the past, my rest days have been Sundays because I would do my long run on Saturdays. But with my new winter trail race schedule (they're all on Sundays), it makes more sense for me to do Sunday long runs after these shorter races. So that meant I got to sleep in until 6:45 am! I'm usually up by 5 am, so that extra almost-two hours was pretty nice. (okay, technically last Monday was my first Monday rest day, but I was off work for MLK Day, so I didn't fully appreciate the benefits of sleeping in on a work day).

My breakfast was Lacy's Loaded Sweet Potato recipe that was included in the recipes she sent at the beginning of this 28-day Reclaim & Revolt wellness program. It was topped with homemade cashew sour cream, black beans, corn, salsa, black olives, and scallions. I love a good savory breakfast.


Morning snack was Baby Carrots with Garlic Hummus at my desk.


And lunch was more leftover Hasselback Japanese Yam, Lentils, and Broccoli leftover from last night. My potato today wasn't as pretty as last night's, but still delish. I love all the nooch and tahini on this plate! Everything should be covered with nooch and tahini. This turned out to be way too much food for a lunch portion, so I saved some for my snacks this week. By the way, even though I planned my meals out, I didn't realize I was having essentially two sweet potatoes in one day until lunch as I was re-heating my leftovers. Maybe that's not enough variety, but I love sweet potatoes, and I'm okay with that.


To help with digestion, I've been trying to remember to take in fermented foods everyday. I make my own kombucha, so that's typically how I get my probiotics, but I'm in between batches right now. I've been taking a small shot of Hannae's fire cider daily too (and eating some homemade kraut!). But today, I got my probiotics from this Lemon Benefizz, a locally brewed probiotic drink, which I picked up at Curb Market in Concourse on my way home from work. It's made with kefir grains.


Dinner was Lacy's Kung Pao Tofu, which she included in this year's R&R recipes and also in last year's Reset & Restore. I really enjoyed it last year and was excited to eat it again. The tofu and veggies are cooked in a spicy sauce and served over brown rice. The recipe called for zucchini, but Kroger was out. They had yellow squash though. It also has kale and sunflower sprouts (not in the recipe, but I had some left from Saturday's farmer's market).


I finished out the evening with a glass of merlot and some Reclaim & Revolt reading on Jupiter in Scorpio since Monday's are astrology days!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I love a good savory breakfast too! And the world would be a better place if everything were covered in nooch and tahini!

Jennifer said...

I love those japanese sweet potatoes. So sweet and nutty

Unknown said...

I could easily eat sweet potatoes twice a day! I woukd love to see a post on your kombucha- i make my own too and usually just do a very gingery lemon flavor but i need to branch out, I really want to figure out a savory blend with some black pepper but last bottle i tried that it killed the carbonation.
Ttrockwood