Wednesday, October 12, 2022

It's a Wrap!

I go through phases where I just want to eat everything in wrap form. And I think I'm in one now. Last week, I ordered the Jerk Chicken Wrap from Da Guilty Vegan with a side salad. Da Guilty Vegan is an awesome food truck that typically parks in Cordova, which is very far from where I live and work (okay, it's like 20 minutes, but I'm a Midtowner who works Downtown, so you know, I complain when I have to drive more than 10 minutes to get anywhere). But it's been parked in Court Square Downtown for lunch on Thursdays, so I'm trying to hit them up while I have the chance. 

The wrap was so good! The chicken was grilled, and Chef Derek included a generous portion. And the jerk sauce was spicy! I was proud of myself for getting salad on the side when fries were an option. But I knew I'd feel better and have more energy for my gym class later if I stuck with salad. 

Last week, I ate Bean & Rice Burritos for several days in a row. Just simple brown rice, black beans, corn, tomato, lettuce, avocado, sprouts, and Tofutti sour cream. I even had one on National Taco Day, which maybe counts?

And my breakfasts this week have been Thai Overnight Scramble Wraps from Isa Does It. The scramble is "overnight" because you mix the ingredients together the night before and just saute in the morning. It has shiitake mushrooms, cilantro, basil, and red curry paste, and I added avocado and sprouts in the wrap. A fun twist on scramble!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Your wraps look so big and satisfying! Mine never end up looking so plump, and are never quite enough. I don't have good stuff and roll technique.