Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Indian Food, Pizza, and a Tasty Tater

I'm still cooking my way through Plant-Based India, my favorite cookbook of the moment. I recently made this tasty Chili Cauliflower and Tofu dish that's got an Indo-Chinese flare. It reminded me a lot of my the Gobi Manchurian from Memphis' long-closed Woodlands Indian Restaurant. I loved this over white jasmine rice!

I also made Handvo from the book. This is a savory Gujarati cake that's typically eaten for breakfast or a snack. Rather than using flour, it's made from a batter of soaked dal and basmati rice, and then you add shredded veggies, like cabbage and zucchini (bottle gourd is traditional, but that's not available here). The top is seasoned with curry leaves, mustard seeds, and a tasty Indian-spiced oil. Perfect with chutney and Indian pickle.

Here's a recent pizza with the last of my Plantcraft pepperoni, kale (because I was running low on veggies), and onions. Not my typical pizza toppings but still delish.

And when in doubt about dinner, I always turn to something simple like this Baked Sweet Potato with Chickpeas and Kale. Topped with lots of sprouts because I've started sprouting at home, and I want sprouts on everything.

No comments: