Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Vegan Mofo: Warm Fuzzies

We interrupt this regularly scheduled food blog for a word from today's featured kitty. That's right, folks. One of my six cats — Gelfling — will be blogging tonight. I'm taking the night off so my felines can share their thoughts on a new pet product that we were given to review — the Pet-zzz-pad, a ped bed warming pad for cats and dogs. Without further ado, here's Gelfing:

"Hey everybody. I'm Gelfling, my mom's most favoritest cat. She says loves us all the same, but I know that's a lie. I'm small and fat and I have the most adorable meow in the house. I can make anyone stop what they're doing to pet me with one little high-pitched mew. It's kind of my superpower."

"Anyway, I'm supposed to be talking to y'all about our new Pet-zzz-pad. Over the weekend, mom placed a small, soft round pad in the living room floor .... right in front of the fireplace she's scared to use. It had a long white cord sticking out of the pad, and she plugged that into the wall."

"I was the first of my five siblings to check it out. They say curiosity killed the cat, but whatevs. I'd rather take a few risks and have fun, unlike my scaredy-cat brother Seymour (but we won't talk about him). I sniffed around the thing, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the heck to do with it. So I walked away and went on to something else. I don't remember what, but I'll bet ya I went over to scoot my water dish around the floor with my head. That's my favorite game! And it makes mama so mad because I splash water all over the kitchen floor. Ha ha!"

"A few minutes later, I walked back to the Pet-zzz-pad in the living room. By then, my older brother Polaris had already figured it out. Here's Polaris acting like he's already king of the Pet-zzz-pad"

"According to Po-po (that's his nickname, by the way), you have to lay on the pad to activate the warmer. He laid on it for awhile and it reached a vet-recommended 102 degrees! That sounds hot, but Po-po said the soft cloth pad doesn't get too warm."

"I wouldn't know because Po-po's been a total Pet-zzz-pad hog for days. He lays on it all the time now and the rest of us haven't had a chance to try it out. I mean, he moves for breakfast and dinner, but I'm certainly not missing a meal for anything in the world."

"The Pet-zzz-pad is intended for use in cat or small dog beds, but we never lay in ours. We prefer the people bed, the computer chair, or the back of the couch. So mom's just leaving the pad plugged in next to the fireplace. It works well as it's own bed for cats, and the fleece pad is machine-washable. That's a good thing since all six of us cats love to throw up hairballs on anything soft. Mom will be washing this thing all the time!"

"Mom says the pad retails for $19.99 to $39.99, and it's available at Pet-zzz-pad website or at PETCO. I bet it'd be a great holiday gift for your pets! Mom really outta buy all of us cats our own Pet-zzz-pad because Polaris has laid claim on the one we have now."

And now a word from mom: Don't forget to enter Rick's Nacho Mama Vegan Queso giveaway over at the Health Sleuth blog!

16 comments:

Cara Sheppard said...

Adorable! My kitties, Chaos, Jerry & Monkey would love that, and Chaos would totally hog it...

susan said...

i bought an electric blanket for the first time...i think my three are confused about why it isn't warm during the day

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Your kitties are adorable! I'm really enjoying your pet product reviews, thanks :)

Sarah S. said...

Oh my, my kitties need one of these for the cold months to come. Thanks for sharing!

Leslie Kimel said...

Oh, too funny! Thanks for making me smile. (I have 11 cats myself.)

Rikki Cupcake said...

cute! i should get one of those for my chihuahua

JohnP said...

Your kitties are far far too cute!

Just Us said...

Cute post! We plug up a heating pad for my pug at night. We put a blanket over it, so it doesn't get to hot for her....she loves it! She doesn't move until morning time. :o)

Babette said...

That was such a fun post to read, Bianca.

The Vegan Snorkeler said...

Gelfling is so cute, and is that a Dark Crystal reference? I love that movie!

Eric said...

haha love it. all that cat talk made me smile :)

panda with cookie said...

More cat bloggers!

Kris said...

I always support guest posts by kitties. :)

The Kuntrageous Vegan said...

oh my god; my cats would LOVE this.

Teresa said...

Uh Oh....my cats have seen this!!! ;-)
Thanks for the love!

Velovegan said...

what a cute idea, both getting Gelfling to blog, and about the pad! ^_^ Love the name Gelfling... that's from the Dark Crystal isn't it?