Tuesday, July 31, 2018

More Stuff I Ate

A few more random meals today!

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I'm really into the No Meat Athlete Cookbook right now. So I made the Easy Bean Burritos from the breakfast chapter! Yes, bean burritos for breakfast. Why not? These have refried beans, sweet potato, kale, mushrooms, nooch, and salsa. A perfect way to start the day.


I had some leftover beans and fillings but ran out of burrito-sized tortillas, so one day last week, I made Breakfast Bean Tacos instead!

I've gotten okra in my CSA share for the past two weeks, so I made Tempeh Gumbo (from my cookbook, Cookin' Crunk) with some of it. Served over brown rice!


Last Friday, we had a going-away lunch for our Crosstown Arts intern Samira at Farm Burger. I've been eating a lot of crap lately, so I opted to have my Impossible burger patty on a kale salad instead of a bun. Yay!


Today is National Avocado Day! So here's a pre-long run Avocado Bagel that I ate last Saturday before an 18-mile trail run at Stanky Creek. I'm gearing up for a 50K in August so my Saturdays and Sundays are now consumed by long runs. Thank goddess for Dave's Bagels. These power me through those long miles.


After that run, I was craving Daiya frozen pizza. I don't know why. But I was. So I bought the Cheeze Lover's Pizza, and over the course of the evening and the next morning, I ate the whole thing.


3 comments:

Hillary said...

I found this tiny little branch of the library yesterday and I can't resist a library, so I went in and I found the No Meat Athlete cookbook! I'm looking forward to making some great stuff!

Sarah said...

Oh wow, that burrito (and the tacos!) look amazing. I'll definitely have to check out the cookbook, everything has looked so delicious. Sometimes you just need frozen pizza in your life and I keep checking the Daiya one to see if it will eventually go on sale. I don't know how much it is by you but it's $9 here so I usually just prefer to make my own. One day though!

Unknown said...

I’m having serious bean burrito flashbacks to college! Mine were super basic and eaten with a crapton of ketchup! Those sounds waaaay more delicious, especially with the mushrooms and sweet potato.
How sweet to take the intern out to lunch! Gotta say your office sounds like a team of totally great people. I probably have veg burger patties on salad more than i do on a bun! I like the cold crunchy greens vs the hot softer texture of the patty
Ttrockwood