Tuesday, July 17, 2018

More Stuff I Ate

I'm back with more random meals. I'm still obsessed with the No Meat Athlete Cookbook, so I made the Breakfast Tofu (one of my faves) to serve over toast with hummus. And sriracha, of course!


I also had some one morning with toast and jam, plus toast with Vegemite (which I think I like better than Marmite because it's more spreadable).


I made the Avocado-Lime Dressing from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook one day last week to top this big ole salad with black beans, corn, homemade kraut, pickled onions (also from the book), romaine, and carrots.


And here's yet another NMA cookbook recipe — I made the Zucchini Parm (only with summer squash instead since that's what I had in my CSA) and served it over whole wheat pasta with marinara and Tofurky Italian Brats. YUM!!!


And a few meals NOT from the NMA Cookbook! Here's a FitQuick Pizza Waffle made into Avo Toast. So I guess that makes it Pizza Protein Avocado Waffle Toast?! With cherry tomatoes (from the CSA) and pickled onions (well, those are from the NMA Cookbook). Also Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel seasoning!


Finally, here's a quick meal from the freezer. I had some Soup Beans frozen from a few weeks ago, and I served them with some Jalapeno Cornbread from Cookin' Crunk (that I made and froze a few months ago). Topped with the world's best homemade chow chow that my mama bought from some lady in Jonesboro, Arkansas.


5 comments:

Hillary said...

I love the look of the avocado lime dressing. All your meals look amazing!
I would love a recipe for soup beans, with all the beans I've eaten in my life, I've never ha soup beans!!

Sarah said...

I agree, the avocado lime dressing looks seriously delicious. That pizza waffle looks so amazing! I love the sounds of the breakfast tofu too. Looks like you are certainly making use of that book and everything looks great!

Bianca said...

Hey Vegan Peace, I can't remember exactly what I did, but I cooked dry white beans in the Crock Pot with veggie broth, onion, and garlic for several hours. Just until tender! Super simple.

Unknown said...

I am always impressed and inspired by your random meals! That mega salad is calling my name, the dressing sounds sooo good.... i would out that on anything. I keep making quickle pickles myself! Pickled onions are an all time favorite, just a few have such a big impact
Ttrockwood

Susan said...

I love seeing what you have made from the NMA cookbook, I definitely need to make some of that breakfast tofu!
And yes, Vegemite is better than Marmite, in all ways. ;)