Monday, May 21, 2018

Green Goddess Popcorn & Tea Lounge

Memphis is home to a new all-vegan business! Green Goddess Popcorn & Tea Lounge at 3078 Summer Avenue opened for business this past weekend. This awesome little shop is exactly what it sounds like. You hang out, eat popcorn, and drink tea. Plus, they also sell fresh-based vegan pastries!


Green Goddess has been around as a popcorn company for quite some time. For the past 10 years, Owner Omi Ogunwale El has run Green Goddess Gourmet Vegan Foods — makers of the most amazing vegan flavored popcorns, which are sold at Memphis Whole Foods, Cash Saver, and Super Lo stores, plus Whole Foods in Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Atlanta. But now Green Goddess has their own brick-and-mortar, and they've vastly expanded their popcorn flavor options.

I took a little break from my Engine 2 meal plan on Saturday to enjoy some treats at the grand opening. Susan and I split a bowl of the Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn (vegan parm of course!).


You can order a small, medium, or large bowl to enjoy at the lounge. Or you can get a one-pound bag of any flavor to go. They've added a bunch of new flavors, like vegan ranch and vegan butter. You can also buy the sealed bags of the same popcorn they sell in other stores. I got a bag of Garlic & Herb for my friend Mike, and since it was grand opening day, they handed out some free bags of Cinnamon Twist (it has dark chocolate and dried apples mixed in!).


We got to try several flavors of popcorn and teas since they were handing out free samples! The teas can be ordered by the cup or by the pot.


In addition to popcorn and tea, they also have VEGAN PASTRIES, y'all!!! In this case, there were cinnamon rolls, brownies, and little mini banana bread loaves.


I got a Cinnamon Roll because go big or go home, am I right? This was soft and buttery, but it didn't taste overly sweet, which was nice since I've adjusted to less sugar over the past few weeks of eating Engine 2 meals.


Here are some more interior shots.




Super excited about this concept, and I can't wait to become a regular. Popcorn is seriously in my top five favorite foods, and no one does popcorn like Green Goddess. It's so flavorful! 

Green Goddess Popcorn & Tea Lounge is located at 3078 Summer in Memphis, Tennessee.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

What a cool idea! I never would have expected this combination but I know I would love it! It sounds like a really fun place and a fun idea!

Hillary said...

What a great space. it's bright an cheerful, plus tea, popcorn and vegan pastries!! I want to move in!

Beloved said...

I attended the grand opening and had the best time seeing old friends and sampling the delicious Ranch and Green Goddess flavors. I bought a large bowl of the Curry popcorn, and LOVED it. I will definitely return.

Brenda said...

Oh! Do they do mail order?

Unknown said...

What a great shop! And how fun to be able to meet a friend for popcorn and tea to be social instead of coffee or drinks. Such a great variety of flavors too!
Ttrockwood

Anonymous said...

www.greengoddesspopcorn.com

Jennifer said...

Popcorn and tea?! Yes please!

Susan said...

I'm not a huge fan of popcorn (it's a texture issue), but they sound like they have some super fun flavours! Tea and pastries I am definitely on board with.