Thursday, November 3, 2022

Greg's Halloweekend Visit, Part One

Sorry I haven't blogged in almost a week! My friend Greg was in town, visiting for Halloween, and I've been playing catch-up since he left on Tuesday. I have lots of photos from our weekend fun, so I'm splitting the recap into two posts.

Greg was my Memphis BFF for years (we met in 2004), but he moved to Kentucky a few years ago. He typically comes down for a visit a couple times every year. When he arrives, we always hit up Pho Binh for takeout right away, and this time was no different. On Friday night, I got the Curry Tofu with a Spring Roll. Yum!

Then, after Paul got off work, we all three met up with our friend Shara for a drink at RP Tracks.

Later that night, we went to a Wizard of Oz-themed drag show. And on Saturday morning, we checked out Memphis' new beach. Due to climate change, the Mississippi River is the lowest it's been since the '80s, and there are new beaches all along the riverfront. It's weird and bad, but we still wanted to see it.

For dinner, we went back to RP Tracks — this time to meet our friends Simon and Jen, who were visiting from Charlotte. Lots of friends in town this past weekend! 

We both ordered RP Tracks' famous BBQ Tofu Nachos, which come with fried BBQ tofu chunks, black beans, tomato, and lettuce. Pro tip: Get the chips on the side for better storage of your leftovers. Extra pro tip: Pick up a bowl of guac from the Moe's across the street to bring in with you because Tracks doesn't have guac.

After dinner, we headed home to change into our costumes. Halloween was Monday, but all the good parties were Saturday night. I was a handmaid from The Handmaid's Tale (but not a good little handmaid; I was mayday!).

We went to Black Lodge's Masquerade Ball. Paul went as Deadpool again, and Greg was a cenobyte from Hellraiser. We had a great time! There were four bands and five DJs, so the party went all night. But we left around 1:30 a.m. to briefly hit up the Pumping Station before heading home. What a fun Halloween! I'll be back next week with part two of our weekend fun.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Well, I always say you know how to celebrate e holiday! This sounds fun, and I love your costume. I'm noticing in the photo from the beach you guys are wearing sweatshirts- I guess it's chilly there! Okay, I'm off to read part 2...