Monday, November 7, 2022

Greg's Halloweekend Visit, Part Two

As I mentioned in my last post, my friend Greg was in town for Halloween, and we had a packed weekend with lots of food and holiday fun. You can see what we did Friday and Saturday in my last post. On Sunday morning, we had brunch plans at Imagine Vegan Cafe with a bunch of old vegan friends. It's been forever since I've had an actual sit-down, in-person brunch at Imagine (rather than just grabbing takeout), so of course I had to order my favorite meal, the Memphis Slam (biscuits, gravy, vegan cheese, sausage, and tofu scramble). I also always add kale to this to make it slightly more healthy. 


Here's the whole gang! Some of these people were part of the original Imagine Supper Club (a group of us that met every week at Imagine for dinner back in 2012ish). Imagine owner Kristie was in the kitchen, just like old times, so she came out to say hi.


On Sunday night, Paul, Greg, and I headed to Cedar Hill Farms in Hernando, Mississippi (about 30 minutes from Memphis) to do their Trail of Terror. They have the scariest trail haunt around! And there's a nice pumpkin patch, cafe, and general store. It's a cute place.



I took Monday off work so Greg and I could spend Halloween together before he headed back to Kentucky. For lunch, we grabbed some Beyond Orange Chicken from Panda Express and ate it at Elmwood Cemetery. Then we walked around to check out graves.



That evening, we donned witch hats and handed out candy to the few trick-or-treaters we had. 


And we brought back an old tradition that we used to do all the time — sushi and fondue night! We used to make both for just about every party we had (and we had lots of parties back in the day). This time, it was just us and Paul, but we made Veggie Sushi.


And Cashew Cheese Fondue with lots of dippers (bread, fried tofu, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots). I was excited to use my witch hat dip holder that my me-maw gave me.


I also got to use the black cat punch bowl she gifted me, too. We made a Bourbon Apple Cider Punch with Jim Beam, sparkling apple cider, lemon, cinnamon, and pilsner beer. We enjoyed our snacks and drinks while watching the new Hellraiser on Hulu (a perfect end to a great Halloweekend!).


2 comments:

Susan said...

I love the cat punchbowl and witch hat dip bowl!
That trail of terrors sounds far too scary for me! I guess I'd have to stick to the pumpkin patch. LOL

Jenny said...

Oh my God... I love the black cat punch bowl! That fondue looks amazing. It sounds like you had a great Halloween.