Monday, June 13, 2022

Ethiopian Deliciousness, a Tasty Tart, and Grilling Out

On Saturday, I got a craving for Ethiopian food, so that could only mean one thing — a trip to Abyssinia for takeout. It's been far too long since I've eaten at Abyssinia! They give you a ton of food, enough for me to eat over three meals, so I always get two extra orders of injera for scooping. It comes with one order, and the additional orders are just $1 each. Such a bargain. 

The meal comes with red lentils, green lentils, yellow split peas, green beans, potatoes and carrots, cabbage, collards, lentil salad, beet salad, potato salad, and green salad. And yes, it's all vegan. The best! I ordered this on Saturday, and I had enough left for dinner tonight.

Also on Saturday, I stopped by the Cooper-Young Farmer's Market to get some whole wheat sourdough from Lulu's, and I also picked up this Asparagus-Cauliflower Tart with cashew cheese. I had to go straight to the gym after and then out to the new Wolf River Greenway section for a 6-mile run. So I left this in my car for a few hot hours, and it was all melty and delicious when I devoured it after my run.

On Sunday, it was hot AF in Memphis (heat indexes in the 100s!), but I love the hot weather. I'll take a 100-degree day over a 60-degree day any time. Paul, however, melts in the heat so we grilled out but ate inside while watching the Stranger Things finale. SO GOOD! I made a Beyond Burger for me, and Paul made us asparagus, mushrooms, and corn. I let him take charge with the veggies, and he overcooked the asparagus but it was still tasty. The corn and mushrooms were perfect though!



1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oooh! I LOVE Ethiopian food but haven't had it in a long time.
How do you like running in that heat? When I lived up north, I loved the hot summers but now that I live in Florida, I wish it were a little cooler. Oh well! It's worth it not to have a winter.